15 Aug 2014 BrianTaylor

In Times Like This

No Comments Home

Regent University - sunsetThis week was not an easy one for me and my family. We spent the week in mourning as my grandmother made her transition to her eternal home in Heaven. While I can honestly say that I nor my family grieve as others might grieve who have no hope, it is no less disheartening knowing that the presence of my grandmother is no longer with us physically. In traveling back to my home in Baltimore, Maryland, I took note of the many changes that had taken place, not only in the geography, but also in many of the people that I have known over the years.

As the second oldest of the grandchildren, I was privileged to share comforting thoughts and pay homage to the memories of my grandmother at her celebration of life ceremony. I had just completed a course in public speaking at Regent University which made preparing my tribute easy, as well as keeping my composure at that very emotional moment.

It was so good to know that I had been prepared for such a moment as this, and grateful for the timing of the class. It allowed me to communicate my thoughts and feelings in such a way that it made a difficult time less sorrowful, and made my family proud to know that they could count on me during this difficult time to speak well of my grandmother. I will be returning to school this fall knowing how He even divinely orders things like my classes, and that what I am being prepared for is applicable in many settings.

Tags: , , ,
Brian Taylor

BA in Business Administration

On-Campus Student

Virginia Beach, VA

Married for 5 years to one amazing woman of God, and father to three amazing children. I am continually amazed by God's grace and love towards us. I've seen challenges that only he could have brought me through.
No Responses to “In Times Like This”