Finals week is done and now I can rest easy. Well, that is almost true. All of my on-campus classes have concluded, but I still have a week’s worth of work for my eight-week class on small group communication.
This semester hasn’t been any more or less difficult than my other semesters, but it has been different. Knowing that every annual event like the Chili Bowl, the Costume Party, Pancake Feast, and Winter Ball will be my last produces a sense of nostalgia that I did not expect.
It’s not like I don’t want to graduate. I do! Regent has prepared me to go into the world and be a Christian leader but it has also provided me with such a loving community that I know in the end it will be hard to go. Maybe those feelings will fade into excitement with this upcoming semester. I’ll let you know, but until then I’m just going to relax the days away–and by relax I mean complete as many of my Christmas Break Bucket List items as possible!
Leila’s Christmas Break Bucket List
- Start looking at jobs.
- Sleep 8 hours every night.
- Improve my cooking skills.
- Volunteer at the food bank.
- Watch all the Christmas movies!
- Think about building a tree house.
- Read all the Chronicles of Narnia.
- Work on my standup comedy act.
- Experience Christmas at Williamsburg.
- Get as many pictures with Santa as possible.
- Plan out community events for my life group girls.
- Get through as much of my Netflix queue as possible.
- Purge my room of unnecessary material possessions.
- Complete some of the crafts on my Pinterest “If I was DIY Savvy” board.
- See all the good movies that are coming out with friends and family (i.e. “Saving Mr. Banks,” “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,” etc.).
Wish me luck! What is on your Christmas Bucket List? I’ll let you know how my list goes if you share with me yours! Sound good? Great! I’ll see you after Christmas Break!