14 Nov 2013 RudolfKabutz

Can you? Can I? Can We?… Be Change Agents?

No Comments Church

Regent University - street signsOr should everything inside of us and around us rather remain the same?

Those of us who follow Jesus are encouraged to be “change agents” for themselves, for the individuals around them, and for society.

Jesus challenges us to change within ourselves:

“Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self.” (Matthew 16:24)

Change in ourselves does not happen deeply if we only want to change by ourselves. It happens when Jesus transforms. It might hurt, but it definitely heals.

Jesus desires us to form individuals change agents around us:

“Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life… Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you.” (Matthew 28:18)

We can be change agents in the lives of people around us so that they may change. It is a new life. A changed way of thinking and living.

Jesus wants us to be change agents in society:

“You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill.” (Matthew 5:14)
We are challenged to be change agents that are felt throughout society. Let us be bold to move out and leave our mark.

Are you? Am I? Are we? … prepared to embrace change within ourselves, within others and within society?

Scripture quotations taken from Matthew 5:14, 16:24, and 28:18 from “The Message” by Eugene H. Peterson. Copyright ©2002.

Rudolf Kabutz

MA in Strategic Foresight

Online Student

Pretoria, South Africa

Future and media fanatic desiring to impact African communities for God’s Kingdom. Mountain biker, outdoorsman, and lover of sweetening life with a little chocolate.
No Responses to “Can you? Can I? Can We?… Be Change Agents?”