25 Aug 2013 FrederickJones II

Operating from a State of Peace

No Comments Community

Regent Univeristy - Campus“You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” – J. Donald Walters

After participating in commencement, which was a historic moment for the class of 2013, I received a separation notice from a promising position in the financial industry because of an unwise decision. It was shocking at first; however, I admitted to my mistake and learned from it. Instead of worrying about not having a job, I took the opportunity to find peace within my soul and evaluate my passion and purpose in life.

My time out of corporate America has been rewarding. I have met some wonderful people and developed strategic partnerships that wouldn’t have happened if I was working at my former employer. Now, I’m forced into entrepreneurship. It’s scary, but you have to have courage and trust God as your Father (Source) when your situations are beyond your control.

Whether you are a freshman or senior at Regent University, I want to take the opportunity to share with you some tips and strategies to give you the knowledge and wisdom you’ll need in order to prepare for your chosen career field.

Regent University offers career consultants to help you assess the steps necessary to achieve your goals by taking assessment tests available at the Career Resource Center or online. The career assessments help you discover your personality, behaviors, and interests. From the results, your career consultant will write a report to review with you.

Once you have prayed over the report and sought God for direction on how you can serve and become a change agent in the marketplace (Heb. 4:16; cp. Prov. 3:6), learn how to create a dynamic resume to market and brand yourself. Practice dressing like a professional, speak with confidence, and acquire knowledge, wisdom, and skill in your chosen career field.

Stay tuned. On my next blog, I will share in detail interviewing tips, resume tips, and strategies on how to develop relationships with people in order to position yourself for success in your career.

Frederick Jones II

BS in Business

Online Student

Atlanta, GA

Joyfully married, expecting father who believes his son and future generations should receive spiritual, not just material inheritances from their fathers.
No Responses to “Operating from a State of Peace”