19 Aug 2013 JennaEdwards

God Always has a Better Plan

No Comments Community, Home, School, Work

Regent Univeristy - Campus“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

Isaiah 40:31

Coming home from Regent this summer was a challenge. I had to get acclimated to so much change that it soon became overwhelming and extremely stressful. I had so many things to do and I wasn’t sure if I was going to survive it all. Due dates came and went before I realized it. My schoolwork was really struggling and spending time with family and working too became a hassle.

It is really hard to be taken out of your comfort zone and routine. It seems like once you get settled and have a really good thing going, life shuffles its cards again and you are tossed somewhere else.

I work for Regent and when I found out I needed to come home for the summer, I was so blessed by my boss allowing me to work from home. This has been such a wonderful opportunity. I wasn’t sure what I would have done for work if this would not have happened. I primarily answer phones and I recently had the most encouraging call I think I’ve ever had since working for Regent C.A.R.E.S. I really want to share it with you and hopefully it will encourage you as well.

It was a woman who lived in New York City near the Bronx. I love New York City. I always have and I always will. She was considering attending Regent University and asked for more information. I put on my happy face and was so ready to help her when she asked me how I was.

With people I know really well, I could be honest and transparent, but when you are on the phone with a prospective student, I thought it best to say, “I’m doing just fine. How are you?” She was very persistent and instead of trying to make me uncomfortable or keep asking, she gave this response:

“Whatever is going on in your life, stress or family troubles, or school problems, keep your head up and know that God is on your side, honey. I can tell He has great plans for you in so many different ways. Don’t be discouraged, just keep on moving up that mountain and pretty soon, you will find that He is actually carrying you, baby.”

She didn’t even know me. She had no idea what was going on in my life, but this perfect stranger encouraged me more than she will ever know.

God is so good all of the time.

Blessings!

Jenna Edwards

BA in Christian Ministry / BS in Psychology

On-Campus Student

Shinnston, WV

So in awe of seeing God move in the diversity and unique experiences of day-to-day college campus life at Regent! I bake to relieve stress and LOVE spicy foods. How much? Hand me a jalapeno and see.
No Responses to “God Always has a Better Plan”