08 Jul 2013 KevinMills

The Delay Between Vision and Reality

No Comments Church

Regent University - field

I will not drive [your enemies] out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased and possess the land.

Exodus 23:29-30

Often we can find ourselves wondering where our original dreams and goals have gone. We began with a clear-cut vision and passion towards what we felt was our calling – our destiny. But somewhere in between our vision and destiny, our progress has seemingly begun to digress or disappear altogether.

Personally, I was a strong-starter and met success very early in my life. My vision and conviction of a great destiny seemed complimented by my accomplishments. However, this began to change quite drastically one year and all of my previous and present attainments seemed to dissolve is a haze of uncertainty. All of my previous formulas for relational, business and personal success no longer seemed to apply.

Now, several years later, I can begin to understand part of God’s strategy. Here are four principles God is giving the children of Israel in order for them to possess their destiny:

1.      The principle of Stewardship is extremely important

“Lest the land become desolate” – The principle of stewardship is extremely important to God. Proper care and concern for the welfare of our surroundings is oftentimes more important than us achieving personal victory or dominance.

2.      True progress takes time

“Little by little I will drive them out before you” – Just as wealth gained quickly will dwindle (Prov. 13:11), so will influence and power. God allows us to expand according to our ability to properly manage and maintain.

3.      In order to possess the future we must first be fruitful in the present

“until you have increased and possess the land” – The word increased actually means to be fruitful. If we wait until tomorrow to be excellent at what we can accomplish today, our lives will not progress towards the true destiny God has for us. The more we learn to be fruitful in our current situation – the more God will grant us our dreams.

Kevin Mills

BA in Leadership Studies

Online Student

Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, Canada

I am currently seeking a Bachelor of Science with a major in Organizational Leadership (Focus on Leadership) and minor in Psychology, since both fields are intimately intertwined. Furthermore, this will aid me in better facilitating personal growth within myself and those whom I have the privilege to be an influence to.
No Responses to “The Delay Between Vision and Reality”