13 Jun 2013 JennaEdwards

It’s a New Season

No Comments School

Jesus is always there—every step of the way. I know, first hand, that it is easy to get discouraged. It is all too easy to let this life distract us from our relationship with Jesus, but He is always there. Through homework, He is there. Through finals, He is there.  He just wants to love us and use us for His glory. Is there anything better? I hope this encouraged you, friends. Be blessed.There are times in life when we come to a crossroad. Whether we like it or not, a season is over and it is time to move on to the next place God has for us. Whether you are graduating, taking a break this summer, or just moving on to the next class or project—this life can be pretty hectic.

I am truly blessed with my life here at Regent. I love Virginia Beach and I love its people and the ocean. It is amazing. I adore my school. I love my job. Being a life group leader is such an incredible opportunity. Ending a semester can be rough. It can seem overwhelming, too fast, and sometimes it is easy to set aside our relationship with Christ to do other things. This world is so distracting. From the TV shows we watch to obsessions about the latest celebrity divorce or hook-up, it is far too easy to get caught up in distractions.

Paul said, “I die to myself daily.” (1 Corinthians 15:31 ESV) When he said that, he meant that he turns to Jesus every single day. It is a daily commitment to wake up and say, “Jesus, I am following YOU. This world is NOT my home, You are. I find my stability and strength in You alone.”

That can be hard, can’t it? It isn’t easy and I’m not suggesting that it is.

But, He is there. He is there. He is there.

Struggles? He’s got you.

Burdens? He will take them from you.

Need a listening ear? He’s already listening.

Do you need to be loved? DONE.

Jesus is always there—every step of the way. I know, first hand, that it is easy to get discouraged. It is all too easy to let this life distract us from our relationship with Jesus, but He is always there. He just wants to love us and use us for His glory. Is there anything better?

I hope this encouraged you, friends.

Be blessed.

Jenna Edwards

BA in Christian Ministry / BS in Psychology

On-Campus Student

Shinnston, WV

So in awe of seeing God move in the diversity and unique experiences of day-to-day college campus life at Regent! I bake to relieve stress and LOVE spicy foods. How much? Hand me a jalapeno and see.
No Responses to “It’s a New Season”