08 Mar 2013 NicoletteAnderson

NYC Mission Trip Day 5

No Comments Community, School

Regent University - NYCThanks to all who have been praying for us as we minister to those in New York City. Here is our latest update!

Today was definitely different than the other days. My team and I got the opportunity to serve on a relief bus in Harlem. The bus was so cool and efficient; there was so much to offer people in need on such a small bus. The back was dedicated to handing out clothing and hygiene products, as well as praying for people. The people receiving lined up and gave their names. The line went one by one with someone calling out names and we checked off what the person received. In the middle of the bus, out of a window on the side, we gave out soup, bread and hot chocolate to anyone who wanted it. Then the front was dedicated to people looking for housing and job opportunities to sit down and meet with a local volunteer.

Regent University - subwayWe also picked up trash outside and talked to the people waiting. It was hard being there because everyone spoke Spanish and very little English, if any at all. The people knew we didn’t speak any Spanish, so not many wanted to hold a conversation with us. It was also one of the coldest days here and was raining on and off. I would have to say that today has been the hardest day, but still very rewarding to see the happiness and thankfulness of the people who received help today!

–Jacqueline Satterfield

Tags:
Nicolette Anderson

BA in Cinema Television

On-Campus Student

Mantua, NJ

From a small town in South Jersey - I love being goofy and making people laugh. I dream of seeing the world and telling the stories I encounter with my camera.

<p class="videoBlogger">Video Blogger</p>
No Responses to “NYC Mission Trip Day 5”