07 Mar 2013 LeilaMills

NYC Mission Trip Day 4

No Comments Community, School

Regent University - Brooklyn TabernacleWe have been keeping very busy! The Lord is faithful and has kept us safe and energized throughout our journey. We are grateful for the support back at Regent! Check out our latest update from New York City:

Our ministry for the day was prayer–simply walking the streets of Brooklyn and asking whoever we could if they needed prayer. I was in awe of this field of ministry. It was so simple, yet I got so much joy out of it! The Lord used me to pray over at least six strangers on the sidewalk with people walking all around. After that, we were blessed with some great food before meeting with a pastor at the Brooklyn Tabernacle who gave us some great advice about prayer and informed us some background of the church.

Regent University - Brooklyn Tabernacle

My absolute favorite part of the day was during the Tuesday night prayer service at Brooklyn Tabernacle. The whole Regent crew was called up to the front to be prayed over by all the pastors and deacons of the church. They laid hands on us and had the congregation of over 2,000 people stretch out their hands and pray over us. Afterwards, many people cheered for us and shook our hands and gave us high fives on the way back to our seats. It was incredible and definitely a once in a lifetime experience. Now we are winding down in the lounge enjoying some wonderful guitar playing.

-Jacqueline Satterfield

Tags:
Leila Mills

BA in Communication

On-Campus Student

Virginia Beach, VA

Living every day like a mini vacation! Born and raised in VA Beach, VA. Fond of bucket lists and cupcakes. Spending my time trying to find the path the Lord made for me.

<p class="videoBlogger">Video Blogger</p>
No Responses to “NYC Mission Trip Day 4”