06 Mar 2013 NicoletteAnderson

NYC Mission Trip Day 3

No Comments Community, School

The amount of amazing opportunities and moments that happened today is crazy! Starting the day at 7 am with breakfast, we went to a ministry class and took a trip to the St. Johns Bread and Life soup kitchen where my team and I were able to put together over 400 bags of food for the victims of Superstorm Sandy who are still suffering from major loss. That night was children’s ministry, which totally blew my mind.

IMG_1244The whole team made complete fools of themselves for the kids and I absolutely loved it! My wonderful boyfriend, Ryan, let a little girl draw all over his face with face paint. Other people were covered in balloon animals, and I got my hair done by little hands. It was just so refreshing to be completely wild and have fun with kids who go back to crazy home lives.

The day ended with an incredible debrief and time of breakthrough for a lot of people.  Then came the best part of the day. A bunch of us were super hungry and restless so we found a pizza place still open where we ended up worshiping in the back and praying over the hilarious, outgoing owner! What an amazing day!

-Jacqueline Satterfield

Tags:
Nicolette Anderson

BA in Cinema Television

On-Campus Student

Mantua, NJ

From a small town in South Jersey - I love being goofy and making people laugh. I dream of seeing the world and telling the stories I encounter with my camera.

<p class="videoBlogger">Video Blogger</p>
No Responses to “NYC Mission Trip Day 3”