24 Jan 2013 JennaEdwards

Move Out of Your Comfort Zone

No Comments Home, School

“The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By His mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!”

Lamentations 3:22-24 (NASB)

Regent University - friends

Every semester, I seem to be counting down the days until I get to go home and see my family; however, once I get there, I truly appreciate Regent University and all of the opportunities God has placed in my path since coming here. I suffered from such terrible homesickness my entire life. I can still remember being in fourth grade and going home from a sleepover in the middle of a snow storm – at three o’clock in the morning – because I didn’t like being away from my own home.

God placed me in a home full of love, and it became a comfort zone. When He placed me at Regent University, He pulled me out of that comfort zone. One night when I was on my knees praying about where I should go to school, I heard His voice loud and clear: “I am calling you to become uncomfortable. Make a move for me.” When God asks us to do things, we really should do it.

At first, I bucked and refused, but after I submitted to His will for my life, an unbelievable, unfathomable peace settled within my soul and remains to this day. Sometimes I find myself missing home, but soon after, God makes a point to remind me why I am here and how blessed I am to have met the people I have at Regent University. I can most definitely say I love my school and am proud to be here.

Jenna Edwards

BA in Christian Ministry / BS in Psychology

On-Campus Student

Shinnston, WV

So in awe of seeing God move in the diversity and unique experiences of day-to-day college campus life at Regent! I bake to relieve stress and LOVE spicy foods. How much? Hand me a jalapeno and see.
No Responses to “Move Out of Your Comfort Zone”