23 Dec 2012 LeilaMills

Daily Christmas Challenge

No Comments Church, School

Regent University - Leila with SantaChristmas time is here! Happiness and cheer!

This year I am so excited for Christmas because I feel like I actually get it. We celebrate Christmas to recognize Christ’s birth. This is something I have always known, but I’ll be honest. When I was younger, it was all about Santa and the presents. In middle and high school, Santa dropped out of the equation and it was more about Christmas parties and presents.

In the last year and a half of high school, my relationship with God was strengthened and the next year when Christmas came around, I didn’t know how to respond. I had this incorrect notion that if I had too much fun during the Christmas season, then I wasn’t paying proper respect to God. So a couple of my Christmases were pretty bland because I didn’t allow myself to experience the joy of the holiday season.

But this year I get it! My time at Regent has taught me a lot. The birth of Christ is something to be celebrated and it can be celebrated in a number of ways. I don’t think God wants me to be somber when I think about the birth of Christ because it is such a joyous occasion.

Ecclesiastes 8:15 says, “So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun” (NIV).

This season I have found that I can enjoy Christmas to the fullest because I am constantly reminded of the greatest gift: Christ’s birth and God’s love. Therefore, I have decided that this year I will enjoy Christmas to the fullest by doing one Christmas-y thing a day until the 25th of December. I’ll document my days and share them all with you in a video blog next month.

Until then, each and every one of you be blessed. I hope you enjoy this Christmas season and remember that God loves us all so much. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

See Leila’s 25 Christmas-y things here!

Tags:
Leila Mills

BA in Communication

On-Campus Student

Virginia Beach, VA

Living every day like a mini vacation! Born and raised in VA Beach, VA. Fond of bucket lists and cupcakes. Spending my time trying to find the path the Lord made for me.

<p class="videoBlogger">Video Blogger</p>
No Responses to “Daily Christmas Challenge”