10 Dec 2012 TonyaJohnson

Becoming a Model Christian Student and Graduate

No Comments School

Regent University- successful studentThis year in one of my classes, I was challenged to reflect upon the “Christian school graduate” and incorporate “8 outcomes” into my report. The following succinctly highlights portions of the outcomes:

1. Embrace “power to exercise authority,”
2. Display “a lifestyle of faith-based and heart-felt obedience,
3. Acquire “mature, Godly character qualities,”
4. Exhibit “loyalty to God’s Holy Nation and Royal Priesthood,”
5. Strive to “actively participate in the Great Commission,”
6. Love “God and neighbors,”
7. Successfully demonstrate “Knowledge competency,”
8. Successfully demonstrate “Skill competency [in] critical thinking, spiritual formation, Christian character development, loving…serving others and Biblical obedience” (www.regent.edu).

I believe that all eight outcomes are needed to live a successful Christian lifestyle, achieve success in school and impart these valuable principles into the lives of others. For better self-reflection, let’s ask ourselves: does my life resemble the lifestyle and character of Jesus Christ? With this question in mind, as Christians, servant-leaders, and students embracing higher learning, let us explore each outcome and make it personal by adding the words “How do I” or “How will I” at the beginning of each statement.

These Scriptures can be used for personal reflection when exploring these results: Acts 13:22; 2 Corinthians 10:5, Ephesians 6:10-18, Galatians 5:22-25, John 3:16; 13:2-4, Luke 10:25-37, Mark 12:31, Matthew 5:1-16; 28:18-20; 1 Peter 2:9 and Titus 3:4.

Tonya Johnson

M.Ed. in Christian School Program

Online Student

New York, NY

I am blessed with a wonderful family and believe that nothing is accidential, but carefully orchestrated and presented by an all-wise, all knowing, all powerful and mighty God. Praying daily to be a willing instrument in His divine plan.
No Responses to “Becoming a Model Christian Student and Graduate”