03 Dec 2012 JennaEdwards

His Eye is on the Sparrow

No Comments Church

Regent University - cardinalIf He can take care of the birds, why would we ever think that He won’t/can’t take care of us? Matthew 6:25-34 talks about the “fowl” of the air. God is saying not to worry so much about what we are going to eat or drink, the clothes we will wear, etc., because life is about more than food and more than clothes.

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” (Matthew 6:26 ESV) I recently was sitting at my kitchen table doing homework when I glanced out on the patio and noticed a cardinal under the tree outside. The beauty in that moment was just immense. God showed me how worthy He is, how incredible and how encouraging He is. Sometimes I feel like I’m so overwhelmed and I’m struggling so hard, but the truth is, if I would give my stress and worries over to Jesus, I would feel so much better. When I glanced outside and noticed that beautiful red bird, it reminded me of the blood that Jesus shed so that He could take my burdens.

1 Peter 2:24 tells us that, “He bore our sins in His body on that tree so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.” Jesus didn’t die on the cross so that we could put the chains right back on ourselves. He died to release the chains of sin. Stress is unavoidable in this life, but the beauty of it all is that Jesus takes it. He is standing right there waiting for us to release it to Him.

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace.

Ephesians 1:7 (ESV)

Jenna Edwards

BA in Christian Ministry / BS in Psychology

On-Campus Student

Shinnston, WV

So in awe of seeing God move in the diversity and unique experiences of day-to-day college campus life at Regent! I bake to relieve stress and LOVE spicy foods. How much? Hand me a jalapeno and see.
No Responses to “His Eye is on the Sparrow”